This post is also available in: German
What’s your favourite breakfast?
If someone asked me this question, my answer would clearly be: Smoothie Bowls (including Nicecream), followed closely by Oatmeal and Pancakes. So today I’m introducing you to my favorite breakfast: A creamy green smoothie bowl with my favorite toppings.
This post was created in collaboration with OKI, a leading printing technology provider, chosen as a client favorite by Focus Money in 2018.
Anzeige / ad
Why GREEN Smoothies?
Basically, you can use almost anything as an ingredient in smoothies. After all, everything is blended together anyway. So how about adding some extra nutritious ingredients to make your smoothie as healthy as it can get? Sounds good? Greens are the perfect ingredient then.
Green leafy vegetables are among the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. This group includes i.a. spinach, kale, culinary herbs, arugula, corn salad, chard, carrot greens, beetroot greens and various wild herbs.
In addition, green smoothies are really delicious if you prepare them well. This is because sweet fruits and slightly tangy greens complement each other perfectly. Add some healthy fats (such as avocado or coconut milk) and the taste is perfect. With this creamy smoothie bowl you will start into the day with power and indulgence!
The perfect green smoothie bowl
Now I’ll tell you what makes a perfect green smoothie bowl for me:
- It should be nicely thick and creamy (look at the texture in these pictures here)
- Green smoothies may be really green but not bitter, please – spinach and kale are milder than tangy greens like arugula or dandelion.
- The flavour should be sweet rather than sour – if you like to add a sour note to this green smoothie bowl, simply add some lemon juice or a sour apple. I love the combo with apple too!
- Toppings! Nothing beats homemade crunchy granola.
- Smoothie bowls should be cold, almost like ice cream. Maybe not as cold as (n)icecream but still cooling. There’s no better breakfast in summer!
This recipe meets all these criteria. I hope you love these smoothie bowls as much as we do! My sister always asks me to make these bowls when I’m around. Maybe it will become your new favourite smoothie bowl too. 🙂
Now let’s get to the recipe:
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 3 bananas
- 200 g frozen mango
- 100 g avocado
- 100 g almond milk
- 150 g frozen spinach
- 10 mint leaves
- 3 tsp matcha
- 3 EL homemade granola
- 1 kiwifruit
- 0.5 banana
- quinoa pops
- Add all ingredients (except for the toppings) to a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Transfer to bowls and decorate with the toppings.
- Indulge and sense the green power!
If you post a picture featuring one of my recipes, feel free to tag me on Instagram in your posts and stories:
@LAURAFRUITFAIRY + #HEALTHYFAIRYFOOD