This traditional ayurvedic beverage has been used as medicine for thousands of years.
The benefits of turmeric are so numerous that it would be difficult to list them all. From all spices in the world, I believe turmeric is the healthiest one. Cinnamon and ginger would be pretty high on that list, too. That’s why I love to add them to this beautiful spicy beverage. They harmonize so well with turmeric and make the drink taste slightly sweeter.
Read more about the wonder-spice turmeric here.
The magic of spices
Spices, in general, have a much higher antioxidant content than most fruits and vegetables, even berries. That’s why I would not only encourage you to drink golden milk regularly but also use spices generously in all of your dishes.
Now time to make some delicious medicine… 🙂
- 500 ml almond milk (500ml = 2 cups)
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 6 dates
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger
- a pinch og black pepper (improves nutrient absorption)
- cayenne pepper (optional - add only if you like it spicy)
- Pit the dates if necessary. Throw all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on low to medium speed for about 60 seconds or until the dates have been blended up entirely.
- Bring to boil in a pot, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. This cooking time blends up the flavours.
- Serve immediately. ENJOY THE HEAT.