An oatmeal addict’s life: Trying different variations every day until one day you suddenly hit a jackpot – tadaaa! The creamiest oatmeal I’ve ever made. Super simple & vanilla-licious with a hint of white chocolate flavour. This is the kind of breakfast you don’t want to end – ever. Pure indulgence, bite by bite. 100% cruelty- and guilt-free!
I recently discovered that white almond butter is probably the best nut butter ever. I used to always go for the brown almond butter because I thought it was healthier. And it probably is. BUT IT DOESN’T TASTE LIKE WHITE CHOCOLATE!
White almond butter paired with vanilla oatmeal and blueberries is…
…and it also is exactly what I combined in this recipe!
I remember when I first tried juicy dates with cashew butter. I never understood the craze until I tried it myself. So many revelations! This lifestyle never gets boring. Back in my “unhealthy” days I would NEVER have believed simple whole foods combinations could by tastier than cake or chocolate cookies.
But there ARE so many incredible healthy recipes! And for me, this is one of them!
If you try this vanilla oatmeal, I hope you will experience a revelation too! 🙂
The trick to making it extraordinarily creamy is soaking the oats for a few minutes before you cook them. Easy as that! This way they soak up some of the liquid and “merge” with the milk giving you a pudding-like consistency when cooked. Just make sure to use FINE rolled oats (feine Haferflocken), not the regular coarse ones. This makes a HUUUUGE difference! I find that the coarse oats don’t soak up the liquid so well so if you only have those at home, experiment with a different liquid-oats ratio until you get your personal preferred texture.
If you use Pinterest, feel free to pin this:
If you try this recipe make sure to tag me on Instagram:
@LAURAFRUITFAIRY + #HEALTHYFAIRYFOOD OR #FAIRYBOWLS
♥ I can’t wait to see your recreations! ♥
YouTube recipe video:
The Creamiest Vanilla Oatmeal Ever
- 80 g fine rolled oats
- 150 g oat milk
- 250 g water
- 8 drops vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp white almond butter
- 1 mini banana
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Combine oat milk, water and oats in a pot and let the mixture soak for at least 5 minutes.
- Bring the mixture to boil, then turn the heat to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring or your oatmeal and add a few extra Tbs water as you go to prevent the oatmeal from burning and to make it extra creamy!
- When the oats have soaked up most of the liquid, add the mashed banana and vanilla drops. Stir well and let sit for another minute.
- Serve in a bowl with blueberries, banana slices and white almond butter on top.