For the batter:
100g Buckwheat flour
1 Flax-egg (1 Tbs flaxseed or flaxseed powder combined with 3 Tbs water, soaked for at least 5 min)
1 Mashed banana
For the sauce:
200g Plain soy yogurt
A handful of blueberries or 1 Tbs blueberry powder
1tbs Coconut sugar
1tbs Fresh lavender blossom
Delicious, fluffy, juicy, sweet, fruity, vegan, luscious, super-healthy superfood pancakes. Oh, and did I mention how INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS they are??
If I was to choose one food to eat every day for the rest of my life, it would be these pancakes. That’s how delicious they are. Well, maybe I would choose nicecream or green smoothies, but pancakes would definitely be in the top 5 of my favourite picks.
The flour I choose is buckwheat flour. Generally, always. Buckwheat is more nutrient-dense than grains like wheat, spelt and rice and it is naturally gluten-free at the same time. This makes buckwheat a real superfood. And in addition to that, it’s also tastier in my opinion. The more often I use buckwheat, the tastier it seems to become. I’m in love with its nutty, tart flavour.
To create a sauce, I like to combine plain sugar-free soy yogurt with mashed blueberries and some coconut sugar. I’m sure frozen blueberries or blueberry powder would work, too. But the most important ingredient, which creates a unique flavour explosion, is fresh lavender. Usually, I sprinkle about 1 crumbled blossom on top of my pancakes or combine it with the soy yogurt sauce before serving. The combination of blueberries and lavender is the bomb.
- Start off by preparing the sauce. Mash the blueberries or blueberry powder and combine with the soy yogurt in a bowl. Sprinkle lavender inside. Stir in the coconut sugar. Done.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the batter in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan or heavy cast iron skillet to medium heat. Wait until the surface is hot enough to make a water drop sizzle on contact before pouring the batter in (if you don’t have a non-stick pan, brush out the pan with some coconut oil first or use a cooking spray). I prefer to fry my pancakes without using oil.
- Scoop the batter onto the warm skillet and form a small, round pancake. Wait until the glossy batter turns matte on the surface, then flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. If your pan is large enough, you can cook several pancakes at once.
- Layer with banana coins, yogurt sauce and other fruit of your choice.
- Serve immediately. (Use fork & knife to eat)
- ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF IT.
Don’t forget to SHARE this recipe with your friends!
Tag me on Instagram with @laurafruitfairy if you remake any of my recipes, so I can see your creations!